|Goal of Lesson:||Students practice remembering phonics combinations and sounds|
|Time Needed:||15 minutes|
|Materials Needed:||phonics flashcards|
If you are working with many phonics flashcards, this activity is good for a small group of 5-6 students.
1) Have your students sit in a circle on the floor or around a table or desk.
2) Put all the flashcards your are working with faceup on the table so all the students can see them.
3) Next, tell the students to close their eyes.
4) When all the students have their eyes closed, the teacher takes away one card.
5) Go around the circle and give each student a chance to guess which card was taken away.
6) Score accordingly. Then play another round.