|Goal of Lesson:||Students recognize phonics sounds and correlate it to a flashcard.|
|Time Needed:||20 minutes|
|Materials Needed:||any kind of phonics flashcard set|
This is an easy phonics game that is great for groups of 3-8 students.
1) Select your flashcards that you want to use and spread them on a table. Have your students sit all around the table.The cards should be face up.
2) You can separate the students into 2 teams or make it an individual game.
3) The students who are playing should put their hands behind their backs.
4) The teacher then says a word that has one of the phonics combinations on the table. The teacher could also show a picture and say a phonics word as well.
5) The first student to slap his/her hand on the card, gets a point.
6) Keep playing the game until students have scored sufficient points to be a winner.
** ADVANCED: As students get advanced, the teacher could let a student in the class call the phonics words while the teacher oversees the game.