|Goal of Lesson:||Students practice a variety of English skills in a fun manner.|
|Time Needed:||20 minutes|
|Materials Needed:||whiteboard or blackboard, a big dice|
This is a simple and fun game for young learners of the English language.
1) Decide on the content you want to practice. Vocabulary words? Phonics?
2) On the whiteboard, draw a game board with about 15-20 spaces. In each space, write a vocabulary word or phonics combination you want to practice.
3) Divide the class into 2 teams.
4) The first player from one team comes up and rolls the dice. From the start, the student counts the number of spaces he/she rolled. When the student lands on that word, he must make a sentence with the word. If it is a phonics combination, the student must make 2 words using that combination.
5) The next team then rolls the dice. Etc.
6) Each player on each team gets mulitple turns. Once the team has rounded the board once, they get a point for their team. Whichever team rounds the board the most times is the winner.
7) Some variations include: