Alphabet Recognition Flashcard Game
This alpahbet game is good for a class of young students who are learning the alphabet.
- On the whiteboard I write on the alphabet in 2 lines. I write them on the lower half of the board so the students can reach them.
- Also, write the upper and lower case of the letters.
Aa Bb Cc Dd Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj..........
- Next, I spread the alphabet flashcards all over the floor. They are all face up so the students can see the letters.
- I next break the class into 2 separate groups or teams.
- I can two students to come up to the board. I then say a letter and the sound for each student. Each student has a DIFFERENT letter.
Example: FFfffffffff for student #1 and SSssssss for student #2
- Then I say "GO". The students then have to find their card in the pile, pick it up, and put it on the whiteboard ON TOP of the correct letter. The first person to do it and SAY the letter and sound is the winner.
- It's better if your alphabet flashcards have a magnet on the back, so they can stick on the letter on the whiteboard.
- After you have a winner, one team gets a point and choose 2 new students to play.
- It's a fun game. Quick and energetic.