Jen-Ai Hospital is a not-for-profit organization with two separate branches located in Taichung, the central part of Taiwan. Jen-Ai Hospital: Tali is a 746-bed, tertiary care community hospital; while Jen-Ai Hospital: Taichung is a 146-bed, secondary care hospital. Jen-Ai Hospital: Tali is recognized as the biggest regional teaching hospital in the Tali area; whereas, Jen-Ai Hospital: Taichung is known as one of the hospital with a long tradition in Taiwan, located in the middle of Taichung city.Mission - To be the ideal health provider for the residents who live in the central part of Taiwan; and to provide quality health care services for the community.Vision - To provide a safe and comfortable medical environment for the people; to unify the staff in reaching the common goal of pursuing "excellence"; and to gain the community's trust and approval.Values - To implement the concept of "Take from the community and give back to the community"; and to embrace the concept of "Save the people and help the people".Objectives - To become a high-tech oriented, highly-specialized, highly compassionate, customer-satisfied, and financially sound business.Motto - To live by the motto of "Do the most that is humanely possible, but by least means nessary".
Taiwan Adventist Hospital is one of over 600 healthcare institutions operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in a worldwide mission system. With the church's planning and the government's sponsorship, the Hospital was relocated from Shanghai to Taipei in 1949. Dr. Harry Miller, the hospital's founder, re-established the facility as the Taiwan Sanitorium Hospital. Madame Chiang Kai-shek cut the ribbon at the completion of the hospital on March 28, 1955. Afterwards, due to the hospital's expanded service scope, it was renamed the Taiwan Sanitarium and Hospital.The hospital initially had 70 beds. Founder Dr. Miller hoped that spreading the Good Word and curing sickness would lead more people to follow Jesus Christ. As equipment and services expanded, the number of beds increased to 220. Responding to changes in society, the hospital began community health care work in 1971, and was renamed the Taiwan Adventist Hospital. After the original building had become too small, a new building was built on the original site in 1986, and heralded an improvement in medical quality. Since 1994 the hospital was accredited by the Department of Health (DOH), Executive Yuan as a Regional Teaching Hospital. The Bureau of Health, Taipei City Government approved a change in the hospital's Chinese name during the same year. In 2009, TAH achieved the highest approval of a New Hospital and Teaching Hospital Accreditation system by the DOH.Featured Hospital Centers can be found here: http://www.tahsda.org.tw/en/DepartmentOfSurgery.php